Iowa AEA Online is funded by Iowa’s Area Education Agencies. The resources include:
- AccuWeather provides current weather information to enhance science curriculum for projects, research, and presentations.
- AP Images is the database of the Associated Press Archives offering teachers and students access to AP articles, audio clips, charts, graphs, tables, maps, and photos from the 1840s to moments ago.
- Atomic Learning is an electronic help desk and training system for computer applications. New for 2009-2010 – Assistive Technology Collection focused on helping educators, students and parents use and apply assistive technology.
- iCLIPART for SCHOOLS is new for 2009-2010 and is a collection of more than 7.8 million photos, clipart, fonts, animations, sounds, and HD video backgrounds.
- DE streaming is a web-based digital video delivery system from Discovery Education, which provides more than 6,600 full-length videos and more than 68,000 video clips searchable by keyword, subject area and grade level. New for 2009-2010 – Games, skill builders, math tutorials, and more.
- EBSCO is the largest school subscription agency of full-text periodicals, newspapers and reference tools for elementary, middle, and high school students, and offering teachers access to more than 500 education journals.
- Learn360 is new for 2009-2010 and is a web-based digital delivery system for streaming and downloading full videos, video clips, images, audio, digital files, and podcasts.
- SIRS Researcher offers thousands of relevant full-text articles and analysis on today’s social, scientific, health, historic, economic, political, and global issues. New for 2009-2010 – New interface and expanded coverage.
- World Book Web includes continuously updated articles from the 22-volume print set plus thousands of additional articles, pictures, maps, videos, animations, primary source documents and links to other websites. New for 2009-2010 – French and Spanish encyclopedias, World Book Discover for differentiated instruction, and three new World Book Digital Libraries.
Iowa AEA Online supports the content standards for the Iowa Core Curriculum by bringing a wealth of information to teachers and students. These online resources offer students and teachers carefully selected resources to enhance classroom learning, featuring content that is continuously updated, often within hours of an event.
By contracting for online resources for all school districts statewide, Iowa AEA Online provides equity of information for all learners and educators in Iowa.
Questions? Contact one of the AEA 267 Media Specialists today.