The AEA 267 Board of Directors met at 6:00 p.m. on December 2, 2009 in the AEA 267 Conference Center for their regular meeting. (The board met at 3 p.m. for a retreat to discuss the budget, progress on the AEA 267 Clear Lake Office remodeling project and the AEA 267 River Hills boiler repair project.)
During their regular meeting, the board:
- Heard an update from Dr. Jon McKenzie, Director of Assessment and Comprehensive Improvement; and Dr. Carol Sensor, Special Ed Coordinator of Services Improvement and Special Programs, on the support programs provided by AEA 267 to Schools in Need of Assistance (SINA) and Districts in Need of Assistance (DINA).
- Motioned to hire Brynn Brass, Teacher of Multi Disab-SCI/Teacher of Early Childhood Sp. Ed. (Castle Hill).
- Approved the lease/purchase agreement with Larson Construction for the Clear Lake remodeling project.
- Approved the second reading of Board Policy No. 801.2: Use of Copyrighted Material Policy.
- Approved the second reading of Board Policy No. 703.1: Gifts to the Agency.
- Approved the purchase of a replacement boiler system for AEA 267 River Hills School.
- Approved the renewal of the agreement between the Early Childhood Programs of Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation (NICAC) and AEA 267.
Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.