The AEA 267 Board of Directors met on Wednesday, December 8 at 6 p.m. in the AEA 267 Cedar Falls Conference Center for their regular meeting.
During the meeting, the board:
- Heard a program review by Kay Schmalen, AEA 267 Consultant for Reading/Language Arts, regarding the Google Applications program that is benefiting both AEA and LEA staff and administrators across the state. Google Applications, or “apps” as they are better known, provide collaborative approaches to word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and forms.
- Motioned to hire Rebecca Eness, Speech-Language Pathologist (Sector 2) and Crystal Williamson, Speech-Language Pathologist (Sector 7).
- Approved the second reading of the following board policy changes that have been recommended by IASB:
401.7 – Evaluation Procedures and Due Process for non-certified Personnel
401.7R1 – Classified Employee Evaluation
401.8 – Child Abuse Reporting
401.11 – Transporting of Students by Employees
401.25 – Employee Conduct and Appearance
401.26 – Notification of Arrest, Criminal Charges or Child Abuse Complaints
- Heard the first reading of the following board policies:
401.27 – Employee Use of Cell Phones
401.27R1 – Employee Use of Cell Phones Administrative Regulation and Procedures
401.28 – Intellectual Property
401.29 – Employee Conflict of Interest
405.11 – Family and Medical Leave Act
603.9 – Credit Cards
603.9R1 – Credit Cards Administrative Regulation
- Reviewed and approved Board Policies Section 403, 404, 405 & 406. Reading of Amended Board Policies:
403.7 – Certified Employee Resignations
404.5 – Overtime and Compensatory Time
405.2 – Vacation Leave
406.3 – Retirement
- Approved reciprocal transportation agreement between:
Osage and St. Ansgar
Osage and Rudd Rockford Marble Rock
Rudd Rockford Marble Rock and Rockwell-Swaledale
Rudd Rockford Marble Rock and Nora Springs Rock Falls
- Approved participation in 2010-11 Iowa Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- Approved Professional Development agreement with Drake University.
- Approved 2010-2011 agreement with Four Oaks Partners: Integration agreement with Mason City Community School District
- Approved 28E Agreement with Iowa Educators Consortium.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.