The Board met May 4, 2011 at 6 p.m. in the AEA 267 Conference Center for their regular meeting. Members were each presented a certificate of recognition by Dr. Horn for Board Appreciation Week.
During the board meeting, the board:
- Accepted with regret the retirement of Pat Hagerstrom, Special Education Consultant (Cedar Falls), effective end of 2010-11 school year.
- Accepted the resignations of Laurie Field, Teacher of Mental Disabilities (Irving Elementary in Waverly); Michelle Keough, Teacher of Multi Disabilities/SCI (Union Middle School in Dysart); Christopher McClain, Teacher of Multi Disabilities/SCI (Clarksville Elementary); and Laura Mullaney, School Psychologist (Roosevelt Elementary in Mason City); all resigning at the end of the 2010-11 school year.
- Motioned to hire Joshua Schneiderman, Teacher of Multi Disabilities (Durant Elementary, Sumner) and Sandra Ubben, Consultant for Mathematics (Cedar Falls).
- Approved an agreement with Jester Insurance for Agent of Record services for AEA 267’s Workman’s Comprehensive Insurance Program.
- Approved the EMC Insurance program for 2011-2012.
- Approved a recommendation to terminate a licensed staff contract.
- Approved the amended contract for 2010-11 and approved the contract for 2011-12 with Iowa Department of Human Services for services provided at the Iowa State Training School, Eldora.
- Approved the contract with the Iowa Juvenile Home for Psychologist Services.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.