The AEA 267 Board of Directors met Wednesday, September 3 at 6 p.m. in the AEA 267 Cedar Falls Conference Center for their regular meeting. During the meeting, the board:
- Heard a program review regarding the Accreditation (Site Visit) Report from Dr. Jon McKenzie.
- Removed Item #5, the approval of the 2013-14 Certified Annual Report (CAR) for submission to the Iowa Department of Education due to a technical problem with the uploading tool.
- Appointed Richard Vande Kieft as the AEA 267 delegate and Dr. George North as the alternate to the Iowa Association of School Boards (IASB) Delegate Assembly to be held on Wednesday, November 19, 2014. David Giese was appointed Legislative Action Network (LAN) representative for the next IASB state convention.
- Approved all consent agenda items.
- Approved an agreement with Charlson Physical Therapy for 2014-15.
- Approved the E-rate Management agreement with Let Me Help You With That, LLC for 2014-15.
- Approved a lease agreement for 2014-15 with Hampton-Dumont CSD for office space.
- Approved a lease agreement with Lutheran Services in Iowa, Inc for shelter classroom space for 2014-15.
- Approved the 2014 Iowa AEA legislative priorities.
- Held a discussion regarding the sale of the Eldora office, approved the resolution and set a public hearing date.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.
The AEA 267 Foundation meeting was held immediately following the regular board meeting.