Did that headline catch your attention? You won’t believe all the prizes that have been donated to encourage your participation in our first all-agency food pantry drive. Just take a look at the list below!
According to Food Bank of Iowa, 1 in 5 Iowa children do not have enough food to eat. For every $1 donation, five meals can be provided to needy families in our area*. From now until December 20, AEA 267 staff members are invited to donate to funds to support area food pantries. For every $1 you donate, your name will be entered into a raffle for prizes donated by AEA 267 team members. To participate, take your monetary donation to Kerri Wilson (Cedar Falls), Becky Stevenson (Marshalltown), Jan Alger (Clear Lake) or any sector office secretary. Participation is completely voluntary. Donations are monetary only. If you prefer to donate food or money directly to a local food pantry, please do so independent of this campaign. The recipients of our funds will be Food Bank of Iowa (serving the Marshalltown and Clear Lake regions along with the central corridor of Iowa) and Northeast Iowa Food Bank (serving the Cedar Valley). Funds will be directed to the food pantries with the greatest needs under the auspices of these two food banks.
Thank you for considering participation!
- Multiple convenience store gift cards (sponsored by Dr. Roark Horn, Dr. Mary Stevens, Dr. Sara McInerny, Dr. Bev Plagge, Greg Koppes, and Jay Colsch)
- Educator’s “goody bag” of resources (sponsored by Dr. Carol Sensor)
- Gourmet coffee & tea basket (sponsored by Judy Moser & Edie Penno)
- Gourmet lasagna for a family (sponsored by Gary Whitmore)
- Tin of popcorn (sponsored by Karen Aldrich)
- Gourmet cookies (sponsored by Julie Davies)
- Lighted wine bottles (sponsored by Kim Swartz)
- 2 Panera gift cards (sponsored by Dr. Anne Sullivan)
- Quilted table runner/wall hanging (sponsored by Cheryl Carruthers)
- Commuter’s goody basket (sponsored by Beth Strike)
- Texas Roadhouse gift card (sponsored by Rod Ball)
- 4 Walmart gift cards (sponsored by Dennis Scudder, Larry Niebur, and Dennis Sinclair)
- 2 Culver’s gift cards (sponsored by Jody Albertson)
- 2 Target gift cards (sponsored by Sarah Knudsen)
- Hy-Vee gift card (Jerry Schnabel)
- Willow Tree angel (Kerri Wilson)
- Hot Cocoa/S’more basket (Amy Knupp)