- One in five children in Iowa do not have enough to eat.
- One in eight Iowans are food insecure.
- 408,280 Iowans live at or below the poverty level.
Now the good news! For just one dollar, 4.5 meals can be provided to our fellow Iowans!
Again this year, AEA 267 is coordinating a fundraiser to help fill Iowa food pantries. Last year, the agency as a whole donated over $2400 to area food banks. From now until December 17th, AEA 267 staff members are invited to donate money to help support this worthy cause. Participation is completely voluntary and for every $1 you donate, your name will be entered into a raffle for prizes donated by AEA 267 team members.
To help fill the area food pantries (and possibly win a great prize), take your monetary donation to Kerri Wilson in Cedar Falls, Lori Thomas in Clear Lake, Amanda McMartin in Marshalltown, or any sector office secretary. Prizes include:
- Chocolate Lover’s gift basket (donated by Amy Knupp and Karen Aldrich)
- Gift basket of coffees, teas, & hot chocolates (donated by Edie Penno)
- Gift basket of handmade soaps (donated by Dr. Roark Horn)
- “Home” plaque (donated by Kerri Wilson)
- Knitted mittens (donated by Cheryl Carruthers)
- Knitted scarf (donated by Dr. Carol Sensor)
- Pan of homemade lasagna (donated by Gary Whitmore)
- Applebee’s gift card (donated by Justin Stockdale)
- Casey’s gift cards (donated by Julie Davies, Dr. Beverly Plagge, Dr. Mary Stevens, Beth Strike, and Dr. Anne Sullivan)
- Hy-Vee gift card (donated by Jerry Schnabel)
- Panera gift card (donated by Judy Moser and Jay Colsch)
- Target gift cards (donated by Kim Swartz and Denny Sinclair)
- Walmart gift cards (donated by Rod Ball, Kim Neal, Larry Niebur, and Dennis Scudder)
Together we can make the holidays a little brighter for those in need!