The AEA 267 Board of Directors met Wednesday, May 7 at 5:45 p.m. in the Garner-Hayfield High School Media Center for a public hearing regarding the sale of the Forest City Office property. No objections to the sale were noted. The board then met at 6 p.m. for a public hearing regarding the proposed merger of Garner-Hayfield and Ventura school districts.
Immediately following the Reorganization Hearing, the board met for their regular board meeting. During the regular meeting, the board:
- Considered input from the public hearing and possible action on the sale of property in Forest City.
- Approved the Iowa School Cash Anticipation Program (ISCAP) resolution.
- Approved computer purchases for the 2014-15 school year.
- Approved membership with the Iowa Association of School Boards (IASB) for the 2014-15 school year.
- Approved the mutual agreement with Clear Lake Community School District to close the Clear Lake Learning Center program.
- Heard a first reading of the following board policies
- 700 Series (General Public Relations)
- 800 Series (Information and Technology Services)
- Ratified the Master Contract for 2014-15 with the AEA 267 Education Association.
- Set salaries for Non-Union Support Staff (NUSS) and Administrative staff for the 2014-15 school year.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.