The AEA 267 Board of Directors met at 6 p.m. on February 3, 2009 at the AEA 267 Conference Center in Cedar Falls for a public hearing on the 2009-10 AEA 267 proposed budget. No visitors were present for the hearing.
The board convened for their regular meeting after the public hearing. During the regular meeting, the board:
- Heard and accepted the 2007-2008 Audit Report. Auditor Dennis Muyskens, of Hogan-Hanson, commended the business office for the excellent work they are doing.
- Heard a review from Dr. Jon McKenzie on the accreditation site visit process and the agencyâ€™s preparation. (See related story with dates and details.)
- Accepted with regret the resignation of Sarah Wakefield, School Psychologist (Marshalltown) at the end of the 2008-09 school year. Approved the retirement of Susan Rittgers, Teacher of Multi Disabilities/Resource (Dike-New Hartford High School), effective March 31, 2009, and resignation of Larry Bradley, Special Ed Consultant (Iowa Juvenile Home), effective January 31, 2009, pending suitable replacement.
- Reviewed the 500 series of board policies.
- Approved the office calendar for 2009-2010.
- Approved the 2009-2010 AEA 267 budget.
- Approved the second reading of the 300 series of board policies.
- Reviewed and approved the AEA 267 Annual Progress Report. (See related story.)
- Approved the application for a Roy J. Carver grant in the amount of $156,500 to support promotion of scientific inquiry and as well as a Marshalltown Community Foundation grant for $5000 to translate a career readiness DVD from English to Spanish.
- Discussed staff reduction considerations. (See related story.)
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.