The AEA 267 Board of Directors met August 10, 2011 at 4 p.m. in the AEA 267 Administrative Service Center for a closed session of the Annual Professional Growth Conference with the Chief Administrator. The Audit Committee met at 5:15 p.m., followed by the regular meeting at 6 p.m. at the Conference Center.
During the meeting, the board:
- Viewed a video presented by Beth Strike, AEA 267 Communication Specialist, aimed at new teachers. The video was produced to raise the awareness among new teachers about AEA 267 services.
- Motioned to accept a variety of resignations, retirements and hires.
- Decided to keep the current mileage reimbursement rate of $.37/mile as it is competitive with other AEAs and public agencies.
- Approved the Physical Therapy contract with Pruckler Physical Therapy.
- Accepted the Excellence in Education Enrichment Grant of $25,730 from R.J. McElroy Trust.
- Approved the transportation agreement between EPI, INRTC and AEA 267.
- Reviewed Board Policy 405.8 – Personal Business Leave and heard Dr. Anne Sullivan’s presentation of recommended changes per master contract negotiations.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.
An AEA 267 Foundation meeting was held immediately following the AEA 267 regular board meeting.