The AEA 267 Board of Directors met October 5, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. in the AEA 267 Conference Center for their regular meeting. During the meeting, board members were recognized for their time, energy, commitment and dedication on behalf of the agency and directing it through another successful year of operation. The “old” board then adjourned the final meeting of the 2010-2011 Board of Directors.
Immediately following the meeting, an organizational meeting of the “new” board was convened during which time the board:
- Elected Charlotte Upah as the new President and Roberta Kraft-Abrahamson as the new Vice President for 2011-12. Kerri Wilson administered the oath of office to each newly elected officer.
- Appointed Kerri Wilson as board secretary and Dennis Scudder as board treasurer. The board president administered the oath of office to each of them.
- Heard a presentation regarding a “white paper” developed by Dr. Roark Horn and Dr. E. Robert Stephens regarding the value of the AEA system. Watched and reacted to a new advocacy video and hypersite created by the AEA Communications Committee.
- Motioned to accept a variety of resignations, retirements and hires.
- Set meeting dates and times for 2011-2012 board meetings.
- Approved appointments to the AEA Legislative Committee and the AEA Executive Committee.
- Approved Wells Fargo Bank as a depository of AEA funds with a $10,000,000 limit and the Great Western Bank as a depository of AEA funds with a $3,000,000 limit.
- Appointed Steve Weidner as legal counsel for 2011-2012.
- Approved reciprocal transportation agreements between:
- Belmond-Klemme and Clarion-Goldfield
- Forest City and Central Springs
- Central Springs and Mason City
- Forest City and Clear Lake
- Approved both the Orientation and Mobility Services agreement and the Itinerant Teacher Services agreement with Statewide System for Vision Services (SSVS).
- Approved the agreement with Four Oaks Independence Facility.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.
Following the AEA 267 regular October meeting, a River Hills Foundation Board meeting was held and members elected the new President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer and heard a River Hills Committee Fundraising update.
Why are the names of new hires and those retiring not listed in the board minutes as they have been in the past?
It’s great to see interest in this section. In response to a couple of requests now to bring it back, we are working on uploading the AEA Board of Directors “board book” that contains board action information (including retirees, hires, etc.) to the staff website. While printed copies have been available for each building for years, posting it online will make it easier for folks to access. We will then include a link directly to the board book in the board recap each month.