The AEA 267 Board of Directors met January 4, 2012 at 6 p.m. in the AEA 267 Cedar Falls Conference Center for their regular meeting. During the meeting, the board:
- Accepted the 2010-11 Audit Report. It was noted that the AEA 267 Business Office is doing excellent work and the agency had zero citations in the audit report.
- Approved the 2012-13 proposed budget for publication.
- Heard a report from Dr. Anne Sullivan on the remote worksite program. The board gave approval to continue the program and commended staff members involved in the pilot for their participation.
- Heard a proposal from Dr. Mary Stevens on restructuring the sectors. (See related post and podcast.)
- Approved retirements/resignations.
- Approved the first reading of board policy 204.12 – Consent Agenda.
- Approved the 2012 Extended School Year Calendar.
- Approved the 2012-2013 Office Calendar.
- Approved the Professional Development agreement with Drake University.
- Increased the depository bank limit with Wells Fargo Bank.
- Approved an agreement with Timberline Billing Services.
- Approved an agreement with Marshalltown Community Schools for the Ladders to Learning Program.
- Discussed a change to our agency name. (See related post.)
- Discussed changing the date for the April meeting with the community colleges. The board decided to stay with their regular meeting on April 4 but also hold a special meeting with community college representatives on April 19 (time and location to be announced).
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.
A strategy session for collective bargaining was held after the board meeting.