The AEA 267 Board of Directors met February 8, 2012 at 6 p.m. for a public hearing on the 2012-13 AEA 267 proposed budget. The regular board meeting was held immediately following.
During the meeting the board:
- Heard a program review from Dr. Carol Sensor, Special Education Coordinator for Special Projects and Services Improvement, regarding the Learning Supports Team, including information on the team’s structure, goals, and the content areas supported.
- Approved resignations, employments and retirements. (See related post on Educational Services Director position.)
- Approved the 2012-13 AEA 267 budget.
- Approved the Second Reading of Board Policy 204.12 – Consent Agenda.
- Discussed how to proceed with a name change for our agency. The board discussed a list of “top 10” names from the previous process of naming and decided to give further thought over the next month to other options for a name.
- Reviewed the mileage reimbursement rate. Voted to keep the current rate at $.37/mile.
- Approved seeking quotes for the nutrition programs.
- Heard Dr. Roark Horn’s recommendations for satellite offices. Voted to close the Tama and Iowa Falls offices of AEA 267.
- Set a date for the deadline for filing objections to petition for reorganization of the Woden-Crystal Lake and Forest City Community School Districts (March 30 at noon) and set the date for hearing on objections filed (April 4).
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.
Immediately after the regular meeting was adjourned, the AEA 267 Foundation Meeting was held.