The AEA 267 Board of Directors met March 7, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. in the AEA 267 Cedar Falls Conference Center for their regular meeting. During the meeting, the board:
- Reviewed and approved the consent agenda.
- Heard a report from Consultants for School Improvement; Belinda Blackburn, Dee Dienst, Laurie Hayzlett, and Dianne Hinders about their role in the AEA and the services provided to our LEA partners.
- Authorized administration to seek bids for a lease for one school bus for the AEA 267 Four Oaks program.
- Accepted Jerry Schnabel’s recommended bid for Internet services to AEA 267 and our partners.
- Authorized the administration to purchase computers for the 2012-13 school year.
- Approved quotes for the Clear Lake phone system.
- Approved administration’s purchase and relocation of a new data center for AEA 267.
- Approved renewal of the True North Logic system contract for online Professional Development registration and room reservation.
- Heard a First Reading of Board Policy 607.1 – Care, Maintenance and Disposal of Agency Records.
- Approved Board Policy 606.6 – Audit Committee.
- Approved revised Board Policy 401.18 – Tobacco Free Workplace as presented by Dr. Sullivan.
- Approved the extension of the audit agreement with Hogan Hansen for the 2011-12 audit.
- Discussed a name change for our AEA along with new name suggestions. Voted to table the discussion until the May board meeting.
- Approved Dr. Horn’s recommendation for our Charles City Office.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.
Dr. Roark Horn and Dr. Anne Sullivan facilitated a strategy session for collective bargaining immediately following the board meeting.