The AEA 267 Board of Directors met at 4:00 p.m. on September 2, 2009 in the AEA 267 Conference Center for their regular meeting.
During the meeting, the board:
- Heard a review of the audiology program from Discipline Facilitator/Audiologists Christine Hull and Marlys Ebaugh who demonstrated the impact that stimulus dollars have had on the audiology program through the purchase of updated equipment.
- Accepted with regret the resignation of Sheryl Frascht, Consultant for Professional Development (Cedar Falls), who resigned on September 3.
- Motioned to hire Bill Aguiar, Teacher of Behavior Disorders (Devonshire); Jennifer Aldrich, Teacher of Early Childhood Special Education (Castle Hill); Vickey Basgall, School Social Worker (Sector 1); Heather Gould, Consultant for Reading/Language Arts (Marshalltown); Sarah Holden, School Social Worker (Sector 5 & 6); Nathan Johnston, Teacher of Multi Disabilities/Resource (Denver Elementary)); Kathy Kline, Teacher of Multi Disabililties/Resource (Sumner-Fredericksburg High School); Angie Koop, School Social Worker (Sector 6); Tara McGrath, Early Childhood Special Educator (Sector 7); Melanie Roby, School Social Worker (Devonshire/Bremwood); and Dan Ryan, Teacher of Multi Disabilities/SCI (State Training School).
- Appointed Charlotte Upah and Susan Grimes as delegate and alternate to the IASB Delegate Assembly.
- Approved the lease agreement with Blue Bird Bus Company for the lease of a special education bus.
- Approved the recommendation from the River Hills Foundation Committee for purchase and installation of playground equipment and surface at River Hills.
- Approved the contract renewal with the Iowa Department of Public Health for substance abuse prevention.
- Accepted the Excellence in Education Enrichment Grant from the R. J. McElroy Trust.
- Approved the specifications for the Clear Lake remodeling project and authorized advertisement for bids on the project.
- Approved the contract for the window/door project at the Clear Lake building.
- Conducted a public hearing regarding Acceptable Use Policy 101.4 and approved with no changes for 2009-10.
- Authorized reserving funds for Retro Program for worker’s compensation.
- Approved the 2009-2010 lease agreement of the Coop Warehouse in Marshalltown.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.
Read a recap of the board meeting in the Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier.