The AEA 267 Board of Directors met February 10, 2010 at 4 p.m. in the AEA 267 Conference Center for a board work session with G. Tryon and Associates.
After the work session, the board met at 6 p.m. for a Public Hearing on the 2010-11 AEA 267 proposed budget where they heard comments for or against the proposed budget. After adjourning the Public Hearing they returned to the regular board meeting agenda.
During the meeting, the board:
- Heard a report from Dr. Sara McInerny, Service Area Director of Educational Services, and Linda Martin, Consultant for Curriculum Development, on their recent Educational Exchange trip to Estonia.
- Accepted with regret the retirement of Brenda McKee, Speech-Language Pathologist (Osage), and Cindy Brown, Physical Therapist (Cedar Falls) effective at the end of the 2009-10 school year.
- Motioned to hire Michelle Keough, 1.0 FTE Teacher of Multi Disab/SCI (Union Middle School).
- Approved the 2010-2011 office calendar.
- Approved renewal of the Professional Development agreement with Drake University.
- Approved the 2010-11 AEA 267 Budget.
- Reviewed and approved the ICN Service Agreement for Clear Lake.
- Reviewed and approved the AEA 267 2009-10 Annual Progress Report.
- Heard updates and approved action necessary to continue the recruitment and selection process for Chief Administrator and Assistant Chief Administrator/Director of Personnel.
- Approved a motion not to approve the lease on the Osage sector office.
- Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.