The AEA 267 Board of Directors met September 1, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. in the AEA 267 Conference Center in Cedar Falls for their regular meeting.
During the meeting, the board:
- Heard a review from Dr. Sara McInerny and Linda Martin of the Equity Workshop held at AEA 267 on April 23, 2010. Nearly 30 school districts attended the conference, which was designed around the expressed needs of the schools.
- Motioned to hire Danielle Clark, Teacher of Multi Disab/SCI (Janesville Jr/Sr High); Whitney DeVilbiss, Speech-Language Pathologist (Sector 6); Kathy Kline, Teacher of Multi Disabilities/SCI (SE Elementary, Waverly); Travis Schlenger, School Psychologist (Sector 1); Susan Jarnigan, School Psychologist (Sector 1); Rochelle Triggs, School Psychologist (Sector 1).
- Appointed board members as a delegate and an alternate to the IASB Delegate Assembly.
- Accepted the Excellence in Education Enrichment Grant from the R.J. McElroy Trust for $30,870. The agency serves as the fiscal agent for the grant and funds are disseminated directly to local schools for school improvement efforts.
- Conducted a public hearing regarding Acceptable Use Policy 101.4 and approved it with no changes for 2010-2011.
- Approved the renewal of Partner Contract with Exceptional Persons for provision of Early ACCESS services.
- Approved both the Orientation and Mobility Services Agreement and the Itinerant Teacher Services Agreement with Statewide System for Vision Services (SSVS).
- Approved the contract with the Iowa Juvenile Home for psychologist services.
- Heard the second reading of Board Policy #603.6 Capital Assets and approved the proposed policy change.
Heard a variety of reports from directors and fellow board members.