Annalisa Miner and Lisa Wymore, AEA 267 Consultants for English Language Learners (ELL), provided the AEA 267 Board of Directors with an overview of ELL programming during their regular board meeting this month. The board found the following facts and statistics very enlightening! Did you know?
- There are 3,168 ELL students in our agency’s service area
- 43 public school districts have identified ELLs along with two non-publics
- ELLs represent 4.5% of the total enrollment
- 49 languages are spoken in school districts served by AEA 267
- Over 1,100 participants participated in ELL professional development provided by the agency in 2009-10
- Since 1991, the percentage of ELL students in our agency’s area has increased 564.7% or 1,976 students. Since 2001, growth has been closer to 80%.
Annalisa and Lisa do a tremendous job meeting the growing demand for services for this special population of students. Great work!