An incredible day of learning and making connections is being planned for the annual Office Support Professionals’ Day (OSPD) on Monday, March 21 from 9:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. in the AEA 267 Clear Lake Office. AEA 267 Chief Administrator, Roark Horn, and AEA 267 Assistant Chief Administrator/Director of Personnel, Dr. Anne Sullivan, will begin the day with a welcome and motivational message followed by two high-level sessions around the following three topics:
- Google Apps – including Google docs; spreadsheets, drawings, gmail; calendar, presentations and forms. Google Apps are on the internet and can be shared easily with others.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro – software allows the user to create, read and manage Portable Document Format (PDF) documents. Some of the features include: converting existing forms into fillable PDF forms or creating originals using templates; ability to transmit files between computers with different applications; combining and compressing a variety of files into one PDF. This session is just an introduction to PDFs. More in-depth training will be offered at a later date.
- Digital Storefront – simplifies and automates the entire print procurement and production process. Delivers added convenience and time savings for print customers; improves productivity for print shops.
All of these tools will help you be more efficient and effective in your positions. We will also have the opportunity to tour the newly remodeled Clear Lake Office. We will end the day with an uplifting message.
Please register online at http://www.aea267.k12.ia.us by March 14, 2011.
- Click on Professional Development.
- Click on AEA 267 Offerings.
- Enter user name and password (information was transferred from previous system) or create a new account. If you have forgotten your user name and password – Click “Forgot Password” and enter your email. You will receive your user name and password in an email immediately.
- Under the Course Section of the page, enter Section #6254 and Course #3981.
- Click on any blue print in the section box.
- Click on Register. When registering must accept/decline that you’ve read the disclaimer messages –both course specific and general course registration (refund policy).
- You will see a registration confirmation which you may print.
If you have questions or concerns about the registration process,
please contact Hether Gustafson at 319-268-7662. If you need special accommodations or have special dietary needs, please contact Kerri Wilson at 319-273-8201.
See you there!