Turn off Chrome notifications
Do you have invasive or unwanted notifications appearing on your computer screen from random websites or various apps? That can grow annoying fast, which is why many users want a way to get rid of them quickly and easily.
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, select the three stacked dots and choose Settings
- Under “Privacy and security,” select Site Settings
- Under “Permissions,” select Notifications
- Choose to block or allow notifications
Mute browser tabs
Have you ever been in a Zoom meeting and been interrupted by a sound notification or audio advertisement for a website or app? Modern desktop web browsers—Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari—all allow you to mute individual browser tabs in just a few clicks.
- On your browser, right-click the tab
- Select Mute Site or Mute Tab
- To unmute, right-click the tab and select Unmute Site or Unmute Tab